Dr. Charlie Easmon
Doctor, TEDx Speaker, Medical Director & Founder of Global Health Action Strategies & Solutions
"Be what you are trying to preach, don’t just use your platform for financial gain."
Del Keens has modelled for Diesel Jeans, Levi’s, and Calvin Klein, and founded Misfit models in Germany in 2012.
He is a storm of a character; funny, honest, and insightful—shining light on the darkness of the fashion world from his unique perspective of success.
Del rides his motorbikes and runs his business and just wants to keep doing that as long as he can – he loves to be busy.
In this conversation with Dr. Charlie Easmon, he talks about being a school dropout in South London and founding his own modelling agency in Germany.
They tackle cultural appropriation in the fashion industry. Is Germany taking it too far?
They discuss how Del’s company Misfit models changes the lives of people who don’t fit under the conventional parameters of beauty coming in all shapes and sizes to have a career in modelling.
What does it take to be a successful model? It’s not just good looks that’s for sure.
Del’s TEDx talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qBej-RKa1I
Misfit models: https://misfitmodels.de/
In this episode we discuss:
- Dropping out of school
- Becoming a mechanic
- Moving to Germany for a girl
- Using AI to improve grammar
- Del’s modelling breakthrough
- Ugly Models
- Founding Misfit models
- Featuring on Heidi Klum’s TV show
- Tackling cultural appropriation and has the fashion industry gone too far?
- What it really takes to be a professional model
- Giving people of all shapes, sizes, disabilities and medical conditions a modelling career