Who we are
We may collect the following information:
(a) personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Website or subscribe to our newsletter. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website related activities.
(b) non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet Service Provider’s utilised and other similar information.
(c) professional information about you including first name, last name, job title, job function, company name, company address, email address and telephone number provided directly from you to us or from publicly available information such as from public sources, third parties or online publications. This information is processed on the grounds of legitimate interest for the purpose of:
– ensuring that the information we hold about you is relevant, accurate and up to date.
– ensuring that we have the information we reasonably require to provide or offer you with a relevant product or service;
– helping us to provide the best possible service in the most efficient manner; and
– to enhance marketing efficiencies for our customers in the sectors in which we operate.
We use the following types of cookie, as will your browser:
(1) Analytics cookies that remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our Website and recognise visits to our Website across different devices. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our Users use the Website. We use that information for customer analytics and to serve content and advertisements that we think might be of particular interest to you on our and other Websites. Your browser may use similar cookies for similar purposes and to serve advertisements for others.
(2) Functional cookies that help us to make our Website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; to detect what device you are using and adapt how we present our services according to the screen size of that device; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions.
(3) Third party advertising, targeting and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site by us or by your browser. They can allow the advertiser or your browser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other Websites. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once, to make sure you are not repeatedly served with the same advertising messages.
We have no access to third party cookies and third-party organisations have no access to ours. The third-party organisations that place cookies, including your browser (such as Google), data management providers and the third-party companies who pay for advertising and analytics services using this information, will have their own privacy policies.
How we use the collected information
Any personal data that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security. The personal data we collect is used to provide you with the service that you have requested or to respond to an enquiry that you have made.
New Thinking uses User personal information we have collected for the following purposes:
– to personalise User experience: we may use information individually or aggregated to understand how our Users use the services and resources provided on our Website.
– to improve our Website: we continually strive to improve our Website’s offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
– to administer Website features: to send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
– to send periodic emails: the email address Users provide will be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their orders as well as (a) respond to their inquiries and requests or (b) provide relevant information about our other products and services.
– If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list(s), they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information from New Thinking. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or a User may contact us via our Website.
In addition to our own usage analytics, we use several third-party services to process personal information for the purposes listed above. While some of the services listed beneath may not be enabled at any specific time, services we use include:
Google Analytics (Google LLC)
We use the data collected by Google Analytics to track and examine the use of this application and to prepare reports on user activities.
We use Twitter to promote content from our website. The data collected via Twitter is analysed to evaluate how many interactions came from this channel.
We use LinkedIn to promote content from our website. The data collected via LinkedIn is analysed to evaluate how many interactions came from this channel.
Sharing your information
Unless we are given explicit permission to do so; we do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal information. We may without consent share generic aggregated information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Website.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Website and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you will sometimes be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “How we use collected information”. Except where this is on your specific instructions, this will always be subject to adequate safeguards as to the protection and security of your personal data.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need it for a lawful purpose: whether because of the products and services we have provided to you, for example as a subscriber or registered user (and to allow for reasonable retention of records afterwards to reflect legal requirements or limitation periods),or because we believe you still wish to hear from us. This is again separate from our role as a media organisation and the information we are lawfully able keep in the public interest because it is relevant to our journalism and publishing activities.
Third party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by Websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other Websites, including Websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that Website’s own terms and policies.
The Data Protection Officer
New Thinking magazine
Suite 404, 4th Floor
509 Madison Avenue