Founder of Chrysalis Records, media and sports entrepreneur, campaigner
"Sting was the best artist I ever worked with" - the late great Jerry Moss, co-founder of A&M records
This week we are reflecting on some of our best interview episodes with giants of the music industry and, specifically, when they talked about how the megastars they’ve worked with became successful. The special guests in this episode include:
- Emma Banks: The representative for some of the world’s top artists, including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Florence And The Machine, Katy Perry, System of a Down, Muse, Kraftwerk and many more. (full episode 17 Aug 2022)
- Carl Leighton-Pope: Starting out in the music industry at a similar time to host Chris Wright of Chrysalis Records, Carl has been a manager, promoter, and agent for some of the biggest names in music over the decades, including Van Morrison, Bryan Adams, Billy Ocean, and Michael Bublé. (full episode 7 Jul 2023)
- Sir Robin Millar: One of the most successful music producers in the world whose career ignited when he produced Sade’s debut album “Diamond Life”. (full episode 8 Sep 2023)
- Miles Copland: Former manager of the Police and Sting. In 1979, he founded the I.R.S. Records label, producing R.E.M., the Bangles, Berlin, the Cramps, Dead Kennedys, the Alarm, and the Go-Go’s, to mention just a few.
In this segment about Sting, Chris fondly remembers having Jerry Moss, co-founder of A&M Records, over for dinner shortly before the time of recording. Sadly, Moss passed away on the 15th of August this year aged 88. Sting has paid tribute by expressing how big an impact he had on his life and career. (full episode 27 Aug 2021)
We’d love to hear what you think of the episode at firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch if you just want to say hi!
‘I Hit The Nail Right On The Head’ by Billy Bremner.
© Fridens liljor/Micke Finell.
Rock around the clock productions AB.
This episode was produced by Tom Platts
In this episode we discuss:
- Emma Banks on Katy Perry
- Carl Leighton-Pope on Michael Bublé
- Sir Robin Millar on Sade
- Miles Copland on Sting and the Police