Founder of Chrysalis Records, media and sports entrepreneur, campaigner
"For an economy to succeed you need sensible ideas and a stable government. That's the fundamentals of an economy." - Councillor Freddie Bailey
In this week’s News Roundtable episode, Chris Wright is joined by former Political Editor of the Sunday Mirror, Nigel Nelson, writer and broadcaster, Christina Patterson, and Labour Councillor and Cabinet Member for Environment and Community Safety at Preston Council, Freddie Bailey.
We’d love to hear what you think of the episode at email@example.com, or get in touch if you just want to say hi!
This episode was produced by Tom Platts
In this episode we discuss:
- Who had the best 2023 conference – the Conservatives or Labour?
- Was Sunak trying to be more of a president than a prime minister?
- What was Farage doing at the Tory Party Conference?
- The war between Israel and Gaza: the polarisation of debate on the crisis, and how it impacted the Labour conference.
- The leaders’ performances: Sunak vs Starmer, Hunt vs Reeves.
- Did Labour send the right message to help secure the general election win?