Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“Watching Velma was like a bludgeoning of my childhood. It’s ruined Scooby Doo for me,” - Sandro Monetti
A sci-fi series from the Game of Thrones showrunners and a Marvel series starring Olivia Colman are among the biggest new TV shows of 2023, most anticipated by your co-hosts Sandro Monetti and Zorianna Kit.
Some recycled ideas are also in the mix, with a Fatal Attraction weekly series, a Bridgerton prequel, and yet another drama about the Watergate scandal coming soon.
The two showbiz insiders discuss and debate which one of these shows might be the biggest hit of the year and which, if any, will make it to awards consideration.
Zorianna and Sandro also take you behind the scenes of recent awards shows and parties to say which stars they have enjoyed meeting most on the celebrity circuit.
And they are in firm agreement that no awards will be forthcoming for one of the worst new shows of 2023, giving a bad review to the Scooby-Doo prequel series, Velma.
In this episode we discuss:
- With TV spin-offs of Fatal Attraction, Flashdance, and Grease all on the way, has Hollywood run out of new ideas?
- With a cast including Olivia Colman, Emilia Clarke, and Samuel L Jackson, could Secret Invasion be the greatest Marvel show yet?
- Can Bridgerton expand into a franchise with multiple spin-off shows?
- Why is Hollywood obsessed with repeatedly making Watergate shows? Surely there are enough modern political scandals?
- Will Netflix get value for money on their $200 million deal with the showrunners from Game of Thrones?
- What’s it like to chat with the stars at Hollywood awards shows and parties, and who are the nicest ones to meet?
- Most people ask stars for selfies, but Zorianna sometimes asks to touch their bellies! Find out why.
- Is the time now right for Hollywood to make a Goonies 2? Surely it’s long overdue..
- The adults-only prequel to Scooby Doo, Velma, has been widely panned – is the criticism justified?