Elvis Presley photo by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.. Remixed by Anders Lagerstedt
Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“I thought I saw Elvis outside Burger King last week,” - Sandro Monetti
Elvis has NOT left the building. The King of Rock n’ Roll is more popular than ever on the back of the hit Elvis movie and that has prompted a string of new Presley projects in Hollywood.
In this rocking episode, showbiz insiders Sandro Monetti and Zorianna Kit aim to explain the enduring appeal of the showbiz icon.
They discuss the new Netflix animated series Agent Presley in which Matthew McConaughey voices Presley.
And our hosts look forward to the upcoming Priscilla Presley biopic being made by Sofia Coppola.
They also speculate if Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis movie will be turned into a hit stage musical just like his earlier project, Moulin Rouge.
And Zorianna reveals why she named her dog Elvis.
In the review slot, this time is the new Amazon series Daisy Jones and The Six, which stars Elvis Presley’s granddaughter Riley Keough in the story of a feuding, fictional 1970s rock group.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why is Elvis Presley still so popular all these years after his death?
- Can the new animated hit Agent Presley be a hit for Netflix?
- What can we expect from Sofia Coppola’s Priscilla Presley biopic?
- Is a stage version of Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis movie on the way?
- Why did Zorianna name her dog Elvis?
- Is Elvis still alive and did Sandro really see him at Burger King last week?
- What will our hosts make of new music series Daisy Jones and The Six?
- Elvis’s granddaughter Riley Keough sings for the first time in the show – how’s her voice?