Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“This new Guardians of the Galaxy film is a crime against cinema.”
Currently dominating the global box office, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 shows that this Marvel franchise always delivers the big bucks.
But the new film isn’t to everyone’s taste and comes with a whole host of controversies. Those are explored in this pull no punches podcast as co-hosts Sandro Monetti and Amy Rapeer assess the trilogy’s place in film history and ask: What is the legacy of Chris Pratt and co?
The two showbiz reporters discuss writer-director James Gunn who was fired from this film over historical tweets only to be reinstated and wonder: Should he have got his job back?
They also debate the controversial use of an F-word in this film and ask that other big question: What is Sylvester Stallone doing in it?
Our hosts review the new movie with Amy seeing the positives, but Sandro unable to get over the animal cruelty scenes.
Also discussed is the music, the mirth and the make-up and what the future might hold for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
In this episode we discuss:
- How much of an acting challenge does the Groot role present for Vin Diesel?
- Are actors justified in complaining about hours in the makeup chair?
- Zoe Saldana has been in the two biggest box office hits of all time.
- How Star Wars influenced the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.
- The Guardians movie soundtrack album which won a Grammy.
- Should Guardians writer-director James Gunn have been fired over historical tweets?
- How did Chris Pratt and the rest of the cast persuade Disney to keep him in the job?
- What will be James Gunn’s take on the next film he’s overseeing, a reboot of Superman?
- And the big question, what is Sylvester Stallone doing in such a small role in these films?
Tags mentioned:Entertainment Film Movies