Keanu Reeves photo by Gilberto Marques. Remixed by Anders Lagerstedt
Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“The latest John Wick film is a ballet of bullets - and like most ballets it goes on too long.” - Sandro Monetti
Keanu Reeves has been churning out hit movies since the 1980s – and he’s still at the top now as his John Wick action franchise dominates the box office.
Why do audiences love this enduring star so much? Showbiz insiders Sandro Monetti and Zorianna Kit, who have both interviewed him several times, set out to answer that question In this special episode.
Along the way they discuss hits like Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Point Break, Speed and The Matrix and how each movie has added to the Keanu legend.
Reeves is 58 but never seems to age and Sandro has a theory for that – could he really be an immortal as many on the internet have speculated?
Zorianna talks about the actor’s famous generosity and wonders if his nice guy image is largely responsible for his huge success.
At the end of the show our hosts review Keanu’s current smash, John Wick: Chapter 4 and discuss where that franchise goes from here.
Maybe have a new appreciation for one of the most remarkable careers in movies.
In this episode we discuss:
- Did Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure typecast Keanu in people’s minds for his whole career?
- Could Keanu really be an immortal? Those who think he bears an uncanny resemblance to historical emperor Charlemagne certainly think so.
- Is it fair to call Keanu’s performance in Dracula one of the worst British accents in screen history?
- Was Keanu being brave or brilliant in tackling Shakespeare?
- What is Keanu like in real life?
- Why did Speed represent a turning point in Keanu’s career?
- Does turning down Speed 2 show how smart Keanu is about his work?
- How did The Matrix change movies forever?
- Why has John Wick become the biggest action franchise on the planet?