Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“The part of Iron Man was offered first to Tom Cruise and he turned it down not because he didn’t like the script but because he didn’t have enough level of control over the whole movie.”
From Iron Man to Ant Man and beyond, this special episode examines the past, present and future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
And it does so with real inside knowledge because co-host Zorianna Kit was there at the start as one of the cast members in 2008’s Iron Man.
She tells Sandro Monetti about her role alongside Robert Downey Jr in that movie and why she thinks the MCU has since become the biggest moneymaking franchise in Hollywood.
The podcasters preview the coming attractions from Marvel, sharing casting news and release plans.
Then they turn their attention to Marvel’s rivals DC and wonder if new management there can help them close the box office gap.
Finally Sandro and Zorianna review Marvel’s latest release, Ant Man and The Wasp: Quantumania.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why did Tom Cruise turn down the role as Iron Man?
- How did Zorianna come to be cast in the first Iron Man film?
- When will Leonardo Di Caprio or Ryan Gosling finally say yes to a superhero role?
- Why have the Marvel films done so well?
- What are Marvel’s future movie plans?
- How does DC plan to close the gap with Marvel?
- What are DC’s upcoming movies and release dates?
- Is the new Ant-Man movie worth your time and money?
Created & produced by: Podcast Partners
Tags mentioned:Culture Entertainment Film Movies