Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“It’s an almost clownish performance, way over the top, can’t believe she’s made it into the category,” Sandro Monetti on one of the best actress Oscar nominees (Michelle Williams)
With the Oscars just days away, our expert hosts discuss who should win and who will win at the March 12 ceremony.
As regular listeners will know, Sandro Monetti and Zorianna Kit often have very different tastes in films and that’s reflected in the who should win discussion.
But when it comes to their predictions for who WILL win, they agree on the winners of five of the main six categories here.
Included in those are the big one of best picture with both predicting a big night for multiverse movie, Everything Everywhere All At Once.
But it is ‘best director’ which proves the hardest category to pick – can Steven Spielberg take his third trophy in that category for The Fabelmans?
The most controversial nomination is Andrea Riseborough being in the running for best actress for To Leslie, considering so few people have seen it (the movie earned only $27,000 at the box office). Zorianna and Sandro review that film at the end of the episode.
In this episode we discuss:
- Can Everything Everywhere All At Once sweep the board at the Oscars?
- Will it be Cate Blanchett or Michelle Yeoh for best actress?
- Will it be Brendan Fraser or Austin Butler for best actor?
- Can Angela Bassett win an acting Oscar for a Marvel film?
- Will former child star Ke Huy Quan create the ultimate comeback with an Oscar win?
- Can Steven Spielberg win a third best director Oscar?
- Does Andrea Riseborough deserve her Oscar nomination for To Leslie?
Created & produced by: Podcast Partners
Tags mentioned:Celebrities Entertainment Movies Oscars