Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
"The reason the Fast & Furious movies all do so well is because cars are the universal language"
Blockbuster season is here and the studios are ready to pack the multiplexes with popcorn movies in the hopes of landing some elusive smash hits.
But which releases will win the hearts – and wallets – of cinemagoers and which films will fall by the wayside?
Showbiz reporters Sandro Monetti and Amy Rapeer run the rule over the contenders for the summer box office crown and share the big release dates.
They also ask the big questions such as: will The Little Mermaid sink or swim? How will Barbie fare? And do Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise still have the Midas touch?
They also wonder if The Flash or Blue Beetle will be the superhero of the summer and if the world really needs another Transformers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie.
Along the way they share some strong opinions about Wes Anderson and Gal Gadot in what is a not to be missed summer cinema preview for film fans everywhere.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why are the summer months such an important time for movies.
- Casting controversies on The Little Mermaid.
- Can Barbie deliver?
- Why do we need another Transformers film?
- Can The Flash overcome the controversy surrounding its star Ezra Miller?
- Is Wes Anderson a filmmaking genius or completely unfunny?
- What impact will Phoebe Waller Bridge have on the Indiana Jones franchise?
- Can Joy Ride become the surprise hit comedy of the summer?
- Is Oppenheimer being released too early for Oscar glory?
- Will Blue Beetle crush the superhero competition?
- Has Tom Cruise still got it and did he ever have it?