Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“Who is going to be the next James Bond? Well, obviously, it’s got to be Harry Styles, right?” - Sandro Monetti
It’s the question which has been on the lips of every 007 fan ever since Daniel Craig vacated the role. Who will be the next James Bond?
In this special episode, showbiz insiders Sandro Monetti and Zorianna Kit take an in-depth look at the candidates and assess their chances.
You will be shaken and stirred by some of their suggestions – could an American like Elvis star Austin Butler be in the mix or even a pop star such as Harry Styles? Or is it time for a woman to take on the iconic role?
What about names who have been linked with this part for years, such as Idris Elba, Richard Madden, Tom Hiddleston, Henry Cavill and Tom Hardy – have their chances gone?
Our hosts think it will more likely be a rising star like Rege-Jean Page, Paul Mescal, Henry Golding, James Norton or Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
James Bond has certainly found the winning formula with a franchise which has run for years. But which new films have the potential for multiple sequels and reboots? Sandro and Zorianna whether it could be the recent surprise hit Cocaine Bear.
They review the animal on a drug-fuelled rampage movie and ask: could Cocaine Shark, Cocaine Dog, and Cocaine Squirrel be far behind?
In this episode we discuss:
- Could an American ever play James Bond?
- Is longtime contender Idris Elba still in the mix to be the next 007?
- Should the James Bond role go to a woman?
- Is Harry Styles a contender for the Bond role, and if so, would he sing the theme tune?
- Can Rege-Jean Page go from Bridgeton to Bond?
- Or will James Norton go from Happy Valley villain to James Bond hero?
- Would our own Sandro Monetti make a good James Bond?
- Our hosts disagree on the quality of the new film Cocaine Bear.
- Could Cocaine Bear launch a franchise that can last for years, like James Bond?