Author and multi-award winning Hollywood journalist
“I’m so sorry these legendary icons had to stoop to such a low level to make themselves appear relevant. They did not need to do this movie (80 For Brady)” - Zorianna Kit.
Could Tom Brady be the next Tom Cruise? Now that he’s retired from the NFL, the American football icon might have a future in movies, according to Total Hollywood co-hosts Sandro Monetti and Zorianna Kit.
They were impressed by the surprisingly dramatic and charismatic acting performance he gives in a brief appearance in the recent film 80 For Brady, a movie which has little else to recommend it judging by their review.
Maybe Brady should rethink his planned future as a football commentator because he certainly has the looks, athleticism, and presence to take on Tom Cruise type roles.
Talking of screen newcomers, the episode opens with a discussion about which rising young stars in Hollywood have got the talent to have long-lasting careers of the kind enjoyed by Leonardo Di Caprio and Natalie Portman.
Our hosts pick out Timothee Chalamet, Anya Taylor Joy, Zendaya, Florence Pugh and Paul Mescal as their fab five.
None of those are nepo-babies – the offspring of famous stars who are now famous themselves – and Sandro and Zorianna also debate how important family connections really are when it comes to making it big.
In this episode we discuss:
- Who are the current young Hollywood stars who will still have big film careers ten years from now?
- Has there ever been a film with so much young talent in its cast than the upcoming Dune 2?
- Can Tom Brady act? We find out in the new movie 80 For Brady.
- What impact are ‘nepo-babies’ having on Hollywood?
- From young Hollywood to old Hollywood, how do veterans Jane Fonda, Sally Field, Lily Tomlin, and Rita Moreno fare in their new movie?
- Who has Apple just made their highest-paid pitchman ever?
- How important is a grounding in Shakespeare for anyone wanting to be a movie star?
- How have former child stars like Jodie Foster, Leonardo Di Caprio, Drew Barrymore, Natalie Portman, and Kristen Stewart built such long careers?
- Why did Jane Fonda and her fellow icons agree to make 80 For Brady?